Monday, November 22, 2010

My Mom


I don't know what a definition is for a regular Mom, but I know what my Mommy was and still is.

She was loving, brutally honest, and funny. She was real. She loved to give. She loved her family with passion. She loved her friends. She was loyal and faithful. She loved the Lord and if she didn't think you knew Him, you would after she told you all about Him. She was a child at Christmas time. She was creative. She was beautiful inside and out. She had the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen. She was my best friend. She loved my Daddy more than life, and you could see it when she looked at him. Today as the exact time approached that she left this earth, I stood out on my porch and looked toward the east. I just waited. The most pleasant breeze stirred the fall leaves and I smiled as I felt it against my cheek. I love you Mommy.

No comments: