Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Visiting The Amish

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We had a wonderful day. We had to go by and drop off a frame that we had of theirs that we had used to move our outhouse. We enjoyed our visit very much. They had asked us about the shooting in Virginia, and we talked about the Amish school shooting also. Some of the Amish community had relatives there. We talked a long time and I got some yummy Maple Syrup. This weekend I'll have to go to pick up my milk. It was hot the other day and we weren't coming straight home so we thought we'd wait till next weekend to get our milk. I talked with them about how their ice house is built, we are planning to build one over at our cabin. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I have a few more I may post tomorrow. Have a great week everyone and thanks so much for visiting!

10 comments:

Beemoosie said...

LOVE the pictures Mikki!! One of these days I am going to get down there and visit for myself! Until I will live through your stories!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I've been to the Amish country in PA several times and loved it very much! I especially loved the old farmers markets!

Unknown said...

So glad to have you back, I've missed you! We have a big Amish community around here, I really respect the way they live, but I've got to have my internet! lol

Day4plus said...

It would be nice to have an ice house. Do you have a root cellar at your cabin? Love the pictures. Follow the trail looks kinda like around here when everyone is our riding their horses. Take care. MB

~~Mikki Jo said...

No I don't have a root cellar. My sister has one and just yesterday our hubbies were talking about redoing it. New stairs and rafters and such.

Mary L. Briggs said...

I love seeing all those pictures. What a wonderful day you must have had. It must be relaxing to spend time with them. Thanks for the short 'picture trip' into Amish country!

Tammy said...

The shootings and violence in America has come to touch everyone...that's why I'm participating in the One Day~Blog Silence...you can read about it if you click on the icon at the top of my side bar.
We had quite a few Amish and Mennonite where I'm from...sometimes they would scare me with those slow moving wagons!
:)

Alpicks Treasures said...

I love to watch them and to see how they live. What a way of life to do it the simple way. Nice pictures.

La Tea Dah said...

My husband's grandparents had a 'sugar bush' and made maple syrup in their sugar shack each year. It was SO yummy!

Washington Crunchy Mama said...

I love the pictures! I wish I lived closer to an amish community, I think I would learn so much from them. We visit an amish area in Southern Wisconsin once a year usually, but I haven't been there for a couple of years now and I miss it!